NOTE: Mycotoxin removal must take place after successful remediation/removal of all active mold and affected items in the home.
1. PRE-ANALYSIS RESPIRARE LABS AMEA TEST a. Identify location(s) for airborne mycotoxin sample collection i.e. living space, common area, or near HVAC intake. b. Disturb air with a fan or electric blower. c. Set up and execute testing kit per Respirare Labs instruction manual.
2. PRE-FOG WITH SUPERSTRATUM HYPOCHLOROUS ACID PRO a. Turn off A/C, turn on HVAC fans. b. Suppress dust particles, airborne spores, and mycotoxins by misting or fogging the entire home with Superstratum Hypochlorous Acid Pro (500ppm). c. Ensure full volumetric coverage of all spaces in the home, floor to ceiling and wall to wall, as well as in crawl spaces and attics.
3. MICROCLEAN WITH SUPERSTRATUM HYPOCHLOROUS ACID PRO a. After the initial fog has settled, clean all surfaces thoroughly by spraying with Superstratum Hypochlorous Acid Pro (500ppm). Depending on the size of the surface area, use a spray bottle or pressure garden sprayer for application. Let sit for 10 minutes, and wipe away with dry disposable wipes or use a HEPA vacuum. b. For sensitized patients and homes with excessive dust, this surface clean should entail deep and detailed microclean of all surfaces and items in the home. c. If disposing of any affected articles, place in a plastic bag with a thickness of at least 6-mil. d. The intent is to remove all dust and particulate matter from every surface in the home. Focus on high moisture surfaces and HVAC inlets and registers.
4. RE-FOG WITH SUPERSTRATUM HYPOCHLOROUS ACID PRO a. Seal area with plastic sheets and painter’s tape as needed/desired. b. Fog the entire space with Superstratum Hypochlorous Acid Pro (500ppm). You can dilute to 50/50 with water if desired. c. Monitor indoor humidity and continue to fog Superstratum Hypochlorous Acid Pro (500ppm) to achieve a humidity level of 65% or higher on hygrometer. This is the ideal level for 100% efficiency for the Superstratum CLO2 Remediation Bombs.
5. GAS WITH SUPERSTRATUM CLO2 REMEDIATION BOMBS a. Ideally this step is completed overnight. Close all windows and exterior doors. If not treating at night, block all sunlight from windows. b. Remove all people, plants, pets, and exposed artwork/paintings. c. Remove and discard old air filters prior to gas treatment. d. Ensure A/C is turned OFF, and run HVAC Fans ON. e. Follow Superstratum CLO2 Remediation Bomb preparation instructions. f. Use PPE mask (N95) for application and removal of Superstratum CLO2 Remediation Bombs. g. Gas entire area with calculated amount of Superstratum CLO2 Remediation Bombs. h. Example usage: Bedroom - RB 100g, Bathroom - RB 50g, Closet - RB 25g. Usage recommendations found in instructions and on product labels. i. Leave home empty and undisturbed for 12 hours. j. Remove and discard Superstratum CLO2 Remediation Bombs.
6. AIR OUT CLO2 GAS a. Air out home with positive air pressure through controlled flow flex duct, HEPA air scrubber, and MCI PRV24k Air Filtration System. b. See Appendix for suggested configuration.
7. SURFACE WIPE DOWN a. All solid surfaces should be dry wiped with microfiber cloth and/or HEPA vacuum. b. To remove possible residual salt film on some surfaces, spray Superstratum Hypochlorous Acid Pro (500ppm) directly on the surface and wipe away with microfiber cloth.
8. COAT SURFACES WITH SUPERSTRATUM SMART POLYMER COATING PRO a. Follow application instructions and apply Superstratum Smart Polymer Coating Pro throughout the indoor space and to all moisture-exposed, previously contaminated, and desired areas including the HVAC to protect surfaces from future growth. Depending on the surface area, use a handheld spray bottle, pressure garden sprayer, or Graco Magnum X7 with a 411 tip for application. b. Coat new air filters with Superstratum Smart Polymer Coating Pro. c. Let materials and surfaces dry and air out. No wiping. d. Verify application with UV light.
9. POST-ANALYSIS RESPIRARE LABS AMEA TEST a. Run AMEA test(s) in the same locations as pre-analysis test(s) to verify reduction in mycotoxins.
Mold remediation solutions vary in their application. Many protocols concentrate their efforts on containing and removing visible mold and mold spores, but they leave behind the invisible, odorless mycotoxins. Most people are aware that mold causes allergies and breathing issues. But the most dangerous health effects are a result of the mold’s defense mechanism, the mycotoxin, whose purpose is to kill living organisms. T-2 Mycotoxins, like the trichothecenes known to be released by black mold, have actually been used in the creation of biological weapons. On any job where mold is present, spores and mycotoxins have likely spread throughout the building and infiltrated the HVAC system. The Superstratum System focuses on ridding the whole home of airborne and surface mycotoxins.
Pre-Analysis Respirare Labs AMEA Test
Pre-fog with Superstratum Hypochlorous Acid Pro
Microclean with Superstratum Hypochlorous Acid Pro
Re-fog with Superstratum Hypochlorous Acid Pro
Gas with Superstratum Remediation Bombs
Air out CLO2 Gas
Coat surfaces with Superstratum Smart Polymer Coating Pro
Post-Analysis Respirare Labs, AMEA